Monday, June 29, 2009

The date mistake


What does a typo reveal? Are you stressed? Tired? Sad? I knew Fawcett’s birth date. I’ve known it for years. As I was updating the site, I typed 02.07.1947. Every time I typed it. Even on pages where her birthday was prominently written, sometimes, directly below as I typed. Today, I am sad. Saddened that this talented woman is gone. Gone from this plane of existence at any rate. She did touch my life. I didn’t get to know her or visit her at home, but I did get to enjoy her work. Her radiance and her persona. I don’t every remember not watching whatever it was she was in. I remember, vividly, re-renting Logan’s Run (this is when VCR’s first came out and they were the size of a briefcase) and bicycling from my house to the video store. It was on the other side of town from where we lived, but I would watch it over and over again. I think I just re-wound the section she was in though. Anyway… I was hooked. So, today I’m feeling sad about the loss of Farrah. And as I’m someone who is careful about typos, edits, and mistakes, it is more of a “in touch” kind of mistake. One that reminds me, I’m human, I feel and I cared about someone else in a admirable and respectful way without any expectation other than to be impressed.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Mr. Steve,
    Yes you are right, we have the right to care for and love anyone admirable and respected without any expectations of being reciprocated. Farrah is one such person that many of us love and admire even if I have not known her personally cause she exudes charm and warmth just by seeing her smile.
    Sorry if I had been commenting a lot,I guess this is my way of showing my love and respect for Farrah, may she R.I.P. and GOD bless her soul...elmer encinas (Philippines)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your message. Upon review it may, or may not be posted.